Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Victor Borge and The Muppets


I have always been a fan of The Muppets.  I remember my mother sitting me down to watch Victor Borge when I was young.  I never realized that playing the piano could be humerous.  And so, now that I have a son, I also sat him down to watch the man and his piano comics.  It was a hit.  Here is a clip for you to enjoy.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8RGPiu8dqYc
Mr. Borge was born in Denmark on January 3, 1909.  He died in 2000.  He was a classically trained pianist who also told a lot of jokes.  He was famous for playing the piano and also falling off the bench for a laugh.  The Washington Post called him "the funniest pianist on Earth."

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...