Tuesday, January 17, 2012

VOICE: My Thoughts on Everybody Can Sing

Voice is our very own instrument.  It already exists.  You have one.  Each voice is unique.  Some people claim they can't sing.  But I believe everyone can sing, they just haven't developed an ear for it.  I am a firm believer in beginning early.  At a young age, a child can freely, without hindrance sing.  They don't care what their voice sounds like.  As we become adults we hold back or feel self-concious.  If a child can use their voice to sing often and listen to music I am sure they will have a fine tuned voice as an adult.  I sing with children everyday.  My son learned to sing by participating in my music classes.  He has always been around singing and music.  He has a fine singing voice.  Our voices are natural.  I think we all start at the same place.  You may argue that your parents or grandparents weren't musical, it's in the genes or it's not...  But, I still believe if a child is exposed early, he/she will have developed a well-tuned instrument. 

As an adult, there are vocal exercises to help get started.
Check back soon....taking a break...

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...