Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Piano Recital Coming Up

Always in June!  I'm not sure why I stick to the month of June for the Piano Recital, as most my students have conflicts.  You've heard it before...."I have a soccer game." or "I have a band concert".   Also, it's the last month of school, so life is busy.  So, I pick the date that works best for most students. 






I usually involve pizza.  I love the fact that kids can showcase their best pieces of the year.  I always give rewards, even if it is only a certificate.  But I usually give them a token from crownawards.com.  They have good prices and they have musical themed awards...ribbons, medals, trophies, pins and certificates.
So, here it is June and the fun awaits.  This year I only have 8 students to join in the festivities, with 2 -3 pieces to play each.  That makes it a good 40 minutes. Perfect!
The parents bring the chips, mini sandwiches, fruit kabobs, desserts, etc and I provide the sodas, pizza and of course, cups, napkins, plates and decorations.
I also like to give out a special honory award to each recognizing their strength.  Faithful Practicing, Composing, Improvising, Creative, Getting Ahead, etc
As I print the recital program, I realize I should advertise for the Summer Music Camps I have.  It never hurts to let people know what other musical activities you offer, especially since most students slow down and don't have as many lessons in the summer.  There are other outlets in music to enjoy.
These are some of the summer classes I offer in case you need ideas:
Puppet Craft and Theater
Voice
Garage Band
Piano/Keyboard Ensemble
Introduction to Piano
LEGOS: Contructing Music from Around the World
Singing and Dancing

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...