Monday, July 30, 2012

K-Cup Maracas

We go through lots of k-cups around here.  I thought I would make something out of them and my first thought -- maracas!  You can make maracas out of anything.

You need k-cups.  Clean out the insides, very easy....  They have a foil top- rip off, then bang out the grounds, then take out the coffee liner, some tear out better than others. Wash them.


Popcorn

Jumbo craft sticks





Fill one k-cup with popcorn, add two dots of hot glue to secure the craft stick in place.




Put hot glue all along the rim of k-cup, then add another k-cup on top.
(If glue gets too hot, it will melt the k-cup.  I unplug the glue gun every few minutes, just to keep it very warm, not letting it get too hot) 
Then, hold the two cups together for a minute, until it seals.  Do not tip the cups as the popcorn will get stuck to the glue on the inside- oops, you will have to start over ;) like I did on one of them.


Decorate it!   I use stickers and add a piece of felt around the middle to hide the seam.
I haven't let my preschoolers try these yet.  But they are easy to please and I know will love them.

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...