Monday, July 30, 2012

Craft Foam Keyboards


Soft and Fun Keyboards I remember always drawing on a white board over and over again for each student to use....  No more drawing.  These are easy to make keyboards with 'sticky back' craft foam.  I measured the 'white' keys to be about 1-inch apart and the 'black' notes about 3/4-inch.  The whole keyboard is about 15+-inches long.
Use them for beginner students to play a game finding the notes and labeling them with a button, lego, stone, small toy...
For advanced beginner students, have them build a major triad, scale, 5-note finger pattern, intervals, 7th chords....
These are lightweight, so they can easily fit into your bag. Take them to students homes or the music classroom.  In the classroom, use these at a learning center with instructional cards.

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...