Monday, July 30, 2012

Large Tube Drums

These large tubes are perfect for a great sounding drum.  I received these from a store (packaging they were throwing out).  They are 3-feet tall and about 5- inches in diameter.  They came with a plastic seal on each end.  I kept one seal for changing the depth of the sound. When the seal is off and it is open ended, it has a very deep sound and resonates well.  I do love these drums. 
It has a balloon covering one end with duct tape securing the hold.  The balloon is rather tight and a little difficult to get around.  The balloons are 12-inches.
You might need to change the balloon after a couple months use.  They do begin to tear away from the edge. But while it's together, I'm sure you will enjoy them.
I am having some kids make these and I am suggesting they decorate them as well. I haven't gotten around to the decorating of mine yet.

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...