Monday, August 6, 2012

Play and Create

Bored with Summer yet?    Create!     I love projects!  For piano students (or any instrument), I often encourage them to do something with their pieces besides just learning the piece to excel or performing at a recital. 

Put your good work to use. 
Play for your family.
Put on a show for the neighborhood with costume and decorations and refreshments. Play it up. Do other children play instruments in your neighborhood? 
Perform at talent shows at schools.  (In the Summer there might be a talent show around town, sometimes at a town festival or fair) 
Visit a retirement or health center for Seniors and play a few pieces for them.

And here is the great project....Record your pieces.  You will have these recordings as keepsakes.  So, you've done that.  How about this.... My son has created stop/motion videos with legos, playdough and other objects and put his own music to it.  Of course, as his mom, these are my favorites.   Now, you don't have to create your own music, you could play a song you have been working on in your lessons.  Beethoven will do, even Twinkle, twinkle....you decide.  You are the creator and director.  Fun. 

Here is a printable from www.pianimation.com to get you started.  This website has many ideas.


Video Project Directions

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...