Friday, August 1, 2014

Monster Music

Monster Music using Kodaly solfege and rhythm.  I cannot take credit for this idea.  This idea came from another music teacher and I decided to make my own monster cards for my classroom.  Monster Music would be a fun October activity for the classroom or even a private instrumental student.  Here is a sample sheet that has 4 monsters on it. I made 24 monsters in all. I also made one music notation sheet that needs to be cut into 24 strips and glued onto the monster cards.  Laminate, of course.  The students can play a game with the cards, or put them in order to make a song.
Each note is labeled with d, r, m, s, or l for do, re, mi, sol and la.

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...