Friday, August 1, 2014

Preschool Piano

"I" know preschool.  I have taught preschoolers for sooo many, many years now... and they love their music.   Last year, I ventured out into the preschool piano cuteness and madness...  What a great idea! 



Kids that age love to touch the piano, they can't keep their hands off of it.  So, I began teaching piano to a few children that age...  Well, first let's just say, they are not all equal.  I had a handful of kids that really understood what I was teaching them and they actually played the piano and knew a few songs at the end of their sessions.  I had another couple of children that only enjoyed the whole musical fun of it.  Those children did not learn to play an actual song, but loved to take in as much as they could.



I have plenty of games, visuals and activities already, so my focus this summer is to add to my written curriculum; I will post a few pages soon.  The pages have my child-like art (that's how I draw - simple) in black and white so they can scribble and color them, encouraging them to explore the piano keyboard.   I am looking forward to using it with a few more students this year.

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...