Sunday, June 17, 2012

Instruments to Make with Your Kids

There are many simple instruments for the kids to make.
Cardboard Guitars, Drums, Rattles, Maracas, Egg Shakers and so much more.
Cardboard Guitar Step2

Cardboard Guitars:  You will need to cut the template ahead of time. 
The children will decorate using string, beads, cut outs, buttons, whatever you can find. 
The strings can be taped along the NECK of the guitar. 
The beads will be glued for the TUNING PEGS.
You can find the instructions on Family Fun.  I added the rubberband idea attaching them to the BODY of the guitar...therefore, it makes noise..yay!  
 

My first time using this idea was at the Y Camp and the kids (ages 5 - 9) loved this.

If you don't want to cut them out yourself. 

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...