Saturday, June 16, 2012

Magnetic Board

Don't throw out that old cookie sheet!  You know the one I mean...the one with the black grease build-up (you cookie monster  :)) ...and maybe rust on it from sitting around because you're afraid to use it anymore.
PAINT IT!


So, I painted it and added a staff.  The back of the sheet, I left blank for use
with any magnetic ideas.
I used acrylic paint to cover the pan.  Then, I used masking tape 
to create the lines, finishing with gray marker. 
For the final added touch, (to keep the marker from running and the paint from chipping)
I added poly on top.
I made "cookie" notes with magnets on the back to add to the staff.

The students always enjoy using this magnetic board.
Use cookie-notes to play games.
Use the back of the magnetic board to place other fun ideas.  Place hand in C position and let them learn their finger numbers, gaining flexible movement, etc...

No comments:

How many times have I been asked,  "How do I get my child to practice?" Too many times!   I believe it helps ...